COVID-19 Case Dashboard
This dashboard provides an at-a-glance summary of information about confirmed COVID-19 cases associated with Woodridge 68. A reminder that due to health privacy laws, personally identifiable information for COVID-positive individuals will not be shared.
- Positive Case: a student or staff member has been tested and received a report confirming they have the virus. These individuals will be isolated according to the criteria set on our Return to School Protocols page.
- Exposure/Close Contact: individuals who have not tested positive but have been identified as being in close contact with someone inside of school who has. These individuals are identified through contact tracing, by self-reported interaction, or through a screening process. They are instructed to quarantine according to IDPH and DCHD guidelines. DuPage County Health Department will be handling contract tracing and close contact determinations.
A positive case or exposure/close contact listed below does NOT necessarily mean the spread occurred in our schools. School data show the number of confirmed and probable cases who listed a school as a place visited, but that does not mean it is where they were infected.
If an outbreak should occur in one of our schools, Woodridge 68 will follow all guidelines and notification requirements as outlined by IDPH and DCHD. School outbreaks are defined as "(A) multiple cases comprising at least 10% of students, teachers, or staff within a specified core group (e.g., extracurricular activity, cohort group, classroom, before/after school care, etc.) or (B) at least three cases within a specified core group meeting criteria for a probable or confirmed school-associated COVID-19 case (laboratory-positive by PCR or antigen testing) with symptom onset or positive test within 14 calendar days of each other; who were not identified as close contacts of each other in another setting outside of the school setting (i.e., household); and that are epidemiologically linked in the school setting or a school-sanctioned activity." Woodridge 68 would consult with DCHD to determine if circumstances and cases constitute a school-associated outbreak, using either of the definitions above as determined by DCHD. This would prompt an investigation by DCHD that may result in recommendations for testing and quarantining of students/staff in the affected classroom(s).How does Woodridge 68 notify families and staff about COVID-19 cases?
- Anyone who has been in close contact with a positive case will be notified by the District. Staff and families who do not receive a phone call from the District can assume there was no close contact with the COVID-positive individual.
- We will also send a standard “low risk” letter for all families in a classroom where we have a positive COVID case.
The District does not send out a separate communication to the full school/District community each time a case is confirmed. Instead, this dashboard serves as a general information source for the entire Woodridge 68 community.
Staff and students are not separated to protect the privacy of those affected individuals.
Woodridge 68 COVID-19 Case Tracking
August 9, 2021 - Present. This data will be updated each week on Friday afternoon.
* These cases were reported prior to the first day of school.