Fee Schedule for FOIA Requests
Unless a fee is otherwise fixed by another statute, or unless the District grants a request for a fee waiver/reduction in the public interest, as defined in FOIA, the charges associated with copies in response to FOIA requests shall be as set forth below:
- No fees shall be charged for the first 50 pages of black and white, letter or legal sized copies requested.
- Thereafter, a fee of $0.15 per page will be charged for each additional black and white, letter or legal sized copy.
- For all other copies, including color copies, the District shall charge no more than the actual cost for reproducing the records.
- Color Copies (8 ½ x 11) $0.59 per page
The District may charge the requester for the actual cost of purchasing a recording medium, whether disc, diskette, tape, or other medium.
- The cost for certifying a public record shall be $1.
Public records may be furnished without charge or at a reduced charge if the individual requesting the public records states specifically the purpose for the request and the reasons that a waiver or reduction of the fee is in the public interest. Waiver or reduction of the fee may be determined to be in the public interest if the principal purpose of the request is to access and disseminate information regarding the health, safety, and welfare or the legal rights of the general public and is not for the principal purpose of personal or commercial benefit. In determining the amount of waiver or reduction, the District may take into consideration the amount of materials requested and the cost of copying them.