Use of District-Owned Chromebooks
All Chromebooks owned by Woodridge School District 68 are district property and are provided to students for a period of time as deemed appropriate by District Administration.
Woodridge School District 68 allows students to use District Chromebooks only on school property or at designated school activities. District Chromebooks are to be used as a productivity tool for school-related business, curriculum, research, and communications. Students must act in accordance with all applicable Board of Education policies when using the District’s Chromebook computers, electronic devices, and accessories.
Students will be held personally responsible for repair cost/replacement cost for any loss or damage caused by intentional vandalism or negligence of district-assigned electronic devices.
Students must comply with and agree to the following conditions prior to being issued a Chromebook:
- Students must not attempt to install software, hardware or change the system configuration, including network settings on any equipment assigned to the student without prior consent of the Information Technology department.
- Students are expected to prevent damage and theft to all District electronic equipment assigned to them.
- Students will not be held responsible for manufacturing defects, technical problems, and normal wear and tear resulting from regular school-related use.
- Users of Woodridge School District 68 technology have no rights of ownership or expectations of privacy to any data that is, or was, stored on the electronic device, school network, or any school-issued applications.
- Students must provide access to any equipment and/or accessories they have been assigned upon the District’s request.