If your child is a car rider in the PM…
- At 2:55pm each day, car riders will be dismissed. Students will walk to the gym and be directed by staff to the waiting area.
- Drivers will follow the same procedure for lining up as in the morning.
- Please pull all the way forward in the circle.
- When you come to a stop, your child will be directed to come to your vehicle by a staff member.
- Please be mindful of students walking home and not to block any intersections or crosswalks while waiting to pick up your children.
- Remember, the school zone is a cell-free zone. Drivers can be ticketed for using a cell phone in a school zone.
- If your child is a daily car rider – you will be provided with a sheet with a number assigned to the child(ren) you are picking up. Please place it on your passenger window of your vehicle, clearly visible to staff.
- If you need to pick your child up occasionally –
- Call the school office BEFORE 2:30pm as it gets very hectic in the office at the end of the day.
If your child walks home in the PM…
- Students will be dismissed at 2:55pm. Students will exit out the recess doors and walk home.
- Students must leave the school grounds and go straight home.
- Parents of walkers may meet their children outside the recess doors of the building each afternoon at 2:55pm.
If your child rides the bus in the PM…
- Students will be dismissed at 2:55pm.
- Bus riders will exit through the recess doors and proceed directly to the bus.
- Parents are not permitted to intercept children boarding buses to provide a ride home in a vehicle.
- Sipley School buses depart the school grounds by 3:00pm each day.
- In the case of an emergency parent pick-up, parents must come into the office and a staff member will locate the student boarding the school bus.